Content Strategist, 2019
Do Big Things is hiring a Content Strategist to write and produce engaging email, social media, and other digital content for our clients.
At DBT, we believe in the power of well-crafted, honest, and personalized digital content to build relationships with people and motivate them to take action. We’re not big fans of the churn-and-burn, copy-paste, or deceptive, fear-based content strategies employed elsewhere in our space.
We’re on the hunt for content strategists who share this sensibility—and who are eager to develop tailored messaging and content strategies that move the needle for some of the most exciting progressive candidates and causes across the country.
Big Things provides new narrative and new tech for a new era, partnering with leading causes and campaigns to drive the digital innovation necessary to create the change we need in our world. We were started as a sister company of 270 Strategies in 2018, when we brought together the digital ads and content teams from 270 with the development, creative and strategic talent of Fission Strategy to form Do Big Things (DBT). We work with the good guys—progressive political campaigns, non-profits, foundations, and mission-driven companies—to build and execute winning digital programs that leverage more human-centered, authentic messaging and harness cutting-edge technology and data analytics.
- Drafting and editing email and social media content that is unique to the client’s mission and tone of voice, and meets our internal high-quality standards.
- Driving strategic message development processes and building strategic communications calendars that are driven by and responsive to a client’s goals.
- Participating in and leading meetings with clients, and providing strategic messaging guidance during planning and rapid-response moments.
- Tracking progress to goals and adjusting our plan based on results and key metrics.
- Partnering with our ads, creative, and production teams to ensure flawless execution of content across platforms.
- Following industry trends to stay on top of the latest in social media, email, and digital platforms—and integrating new ideas into our work.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in digital strategy and/or professional writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management & organization skills
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills
- Ability to comfortably multitask and manage time effectively against multiple (and sometimes competing) deadlines
- Electoral campaign experience and email fundraising experience preferred but not required.
****Do Big Things is a remote company with no location requirement for this role. We have staff in offices in both Chicago and D.C.
To apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample to: [email protected]
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Starting salary for this role is $60,000 but will commensurate with experience.
- Competitive compensation. We are a mission-driven, for-profit organization that can offer you a strong base salary, incentive-based bonuses and full health, dental and vision and a 401k.
- Amazing team. The Do Big Things family is an inspiring & award-winning group of brilliant, motivated, principled, good-spirited people.
- Work-life balance. We’re family-friendly. You can work from home and/or in a co-working space.
- Live healthy. Take a vacation whenever you need one.
DBT is women-owned and women-led, and our staff is 50% people of color. We recognize that our continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to clients and constituents. Do Big Things is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.